Guru’s Teaching and Coaching Workshop (Presenters Lineup )
My goal has always been to provide you with the best and most current information from the top coaches in the country at an affordable price. I started this workshop 4 years ago when I presented all by myself and every year I have added some of the best instructors in the business to share their ideas and what makes them successful. This will be an outstanding day of learning and networking that I hope you can take advantage of. As you know if you attended last year, we don’t stop when the seminar is over……The after pre-game and after party allows you to get up close and meet the presenters and all of the top coaches that attend. This is a great way to meet new people in the industry, ask questions and build your learning base to get the year started out right. So without further delay……Here is our lineup of presenters for #guruworkshop15
Cameron McCormick began coaching golf in his home country of Australia in
1998. Moving to the United States in 2000 he brought with him the coaching
principles honed under the tutelage of the Victorian Institute of Sport coaches.
With a background in competitive golf, both collegiate, amateur and
professionally; in addition to knowledge in the biomechanics, motor learning and
psychology domains, Cameron has developed a national reputation as a sought
after coach to players at, or aspiring to, high levels of competitive mastery.
McCormick’s client list covers the gamut from beginner to elite players.
He is most well-known for coaching PGA Tour winner and 2013 PGA Tour
Rookie of the Year, Jordan Spieth since the age of 12. His clients, past and
present, include over 20 PGA, Web.com and LPGA Tour players & 3 of the last 6
USGA Junior Amateur champions.
McCormick is a PGA Class A professional with TPI certification in Fitness, Junior
Golf and Biomechanics; and has had his instruction articles published in Golf
Digest, DFW Links Magazine, Golf Illustrated, PGA Magazine and FORE Texas
He is the Director of Instruction at the historic Brook Hollow Golf Club in Dallas,
Texas. He is a Golf Digest Top 40 under 40 from 2010-2013, a US Kids Master
Kids Coach and in 2007 and 2013 he was named the North Texas PGA’s
Teacher of the Year.
Workshop Topic: Performance: Navigating the path to success from ignition to achievement
- Senior AimPoint Green Reading Specialist
- Full- Time Putting Coach
- Works with Several PGA andLPGA Tour Players including TrevorImmelman, Charles Howell, JamieLovemark, KrisTumilis and Mark Wilson
- Partners with James Ridyard in the Short Game Secrets video series and Golf Schools
- Has been featured on many radio shows and podcasts talking putting instruction and green reading
Workshop Topic: Putting Strategies and Drills when working with Tour Players and Elite Golfers
- National Advisor, Future Champions Golf Junior Tour
- 2014 GRAA Top 50 Teacher in America & 2012 US Kids Golf Top 50 Lifetime Master Teacher
- Nominated Golf Magazine Top 100 Teachers list
- Over 193 tournament wins by past and present students, both juniors and adults
- Certifications include: TPI Level 2 Adult & Junior Coaching, US Kids Golf instructor, K-Vest 3D Biomechanics.
- Media credits: Golf Channel Swing Fix Instructor, Athlete Nation Online Instructor and Golfing Magazine.
Workshop Topic: Training and Developing Junior Golfers
- Golf Professional/Club Specialist at The Greens at Half Hollow
- Master Teacher/Club Fitter at Petes Golf Shop
- Top 100 Club Fitter – Golf Digest
- Top Player in the Met Section
Workshop Topic: Blending Instruction and Club Fitting to increase your value and grow your business
- specialist in golf performance, consulting, research and recent addition to the 2015
- Co-Founder with John Graham of Short Game Secrets golf schools and DVD Series
- Specializes in short game and wedge play with cutting edge research to back it up
- James has been fortunate enough to meet many inspiring individuals who have shaped his skills to the point we find today, the quest for personal development is ongoing however and will continue indefinitely. With past and current clients from the European Tour, Ladies European Tour, LPGA and experience on the PGA Tour James has a proven ability at the highest level to instil positive change in his players.James’ journey began as an Assistant Professional at The Bedfordshire Golf Club in 2000, an aspiring player he continued to compete throughout his PGA training period gaining qualification in 2004. A move to Orlando soon followed in order to hone his game and compete as much as possible. It was during this time that the urge to research the golf swing and the teaching of it really grew through his own struggles with form vs function.On his return to the UK he knew playing at the highest level was beyond him and started to dig for answers. This process took in many different countries, coaches and teaching philosophies. It’s fair to say that the most influential people James has met with regards to teaching the golf swing are Mike Bennett & Andy Plummer, not only for what they teach but the way the golf swing is looked at. This structure is what allowed James to pursue his research into the short game and put this research into a simple, understandable format.While continuing to research and develop himself and his ideas James takes great pride in providing the highest level of full swing and short game coaching available, something you can be sure of is that no stone will be left unturned in helping you achieve your potential.
Workshop Topic: What the best wedge players in the world are doing and how to use this information to help your players (Wedges Research and Using the Sprectrum for short game success)
Finally, a little about myself
- Director of Instruction at Carmel CC in Charlotte, NC
- Has been teaching golf for 23 years
- 2013 Carolinas PGA Section Teacher of the Year
- Ranked #7 in the State of NC by Golf Digest 2013
- Ranked #9 in the State of NC by Golf Digest 2009
- Nominated 4 times to Golf Magazine top 100 list
- AimPoint Certified since 2011
- Teaches with Trackman, SAM Putt Lab and BodiTrak
- Teaches numerous Mini tour, Web.com, Symetra Tour, Top amateurs and elite juniors
- Have been featured on radio shows such as: XM PGA Tour Radio (Dewsweepers golf show with Tony Ruggerio, Maginnes of Tap with John Maginnes) Global Golf Radio with Virgil Herring and Ned Michaels- 104.5)
Workshop Topic: How to fix your students most common full swing and putting issues (including my fix for the yips)
I feel like we have an outstanding lineup for this years workshop. These are all friends of mine in which I have learned so much from over the years and I am glad to be able to bring them to Carmel so you can learn and interact with them as well.
To reserve your spot: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you sign up, you will recieve an invoice to pay your entry. The first 100 paid entry fees get in!
Please use one of the share features at the bottom to share this article and follow us on twitter
See you soon,