I am excited to announce that for the 3rd year, I will be hosting my teaching workshop at Carmel CC on Monday, March 31st. I started this workshop 3 years ago where I presented by myself. Year 2 I started to add top teachers like John Graham to come and present which brought it to whole other level. This year I am proud to be joined by Andrew Rice, Director of Instruction at Berkeley Hall in Hilton Head, SC. This will make for an exciting, interactive learning experience for all involved. The cost is 200.00 per person which includes lunch and (8) MSR Credits. The Theme of this year is: “Using todays technology and research with yesterdays language to help your students improve”
I have already had quite a response from pros from different states but I hope that the pros in the Carolinas take advantage of this outstanding educational opportunity. Here is more about your speakers and what will be covered:
Jason Sutton, Jason is the Director of Instruction at Carmel CC in Charlotte, NC and is the 2013 Carolinas PGA Section Teacher of the Year, will be hosting a workshop designed to take your teaching and coaching skills to the next level. Jason will share the knowledge acquired from over 23 years of teaching experience and thousands of hours on the lesson tee which will include his framework for teaching full swing and putting, keys to success through personal development and will also unveil his putting research using the SAM Putt Lab data and how to use it to help your students improve their putting. Jason utilizes technology such as TrackMan and SAMPuttLab to help his students improve at an accelerated rate.
John Graham. John is the Director of Instruction at Webster Golf Club in Rochester New York, Ranked #21 in New York by Golf Digest, A Senior AimPoint green reading Instructor that specializes in teaching putting. John will discuss the common myths in putting and green reading and share how to properly assess your students in a putting lesson coupled with SAMPuttLab data research on real life situations. He is also expert in social media and will share his story of how social media has helped him grow his business and how it can help you and your facility.
Andrew Rice , Andrew is the Director of Instruction at Berkeley Hall where his students learn to understand, and better control, the factors that influence the flight of their golf ball. He has been teaching golf for almost 25 years and uses current teaching technology such as TrackMan and Swing Catalyst to help golfers of all abilities improve. He is one of nine TrackMan Partners and is also a SwingCatalyst Ambassador.
Originally from South Africa, Andrew Rice has been involved with the game of golf for more than 35 years. Andrew will share his experience with teaching with TrackMan and Swing Catalyst to help his students improve.
What Will Be Covered
This will be an interactive day of mentoring, sharing and improving you’re teaching skills. Here are topics that will be discussed:
- The 5 Mastermind Skills that every teacher should know – The CGA Framework
- The art of moving and manipulation the student to create pattern changes
- How to use technology such as Trackman, Swing Catalyst and SAMPuttLab to speed up the learning process
- Understanding Ground Forces and how to teach it to your student
- Teaching Putting at the Next Level – Learn the 5 Most Important Aspects of Putting and how to teach them
- S.A.M. Putt Lab Data and research will be revealed that will dispel the “most common myth in putting”
- How to use social media to drive business, create brand awareness and improve your teaching skills
- An Introduction to AimPoint Green Reading and the most common myths that you must know as an instructor
- How to set up a coaching programs to increase your bottom line and add value to your students
To sign up: Emal Me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you at the 2014 PGA Merchandise Show!